[OZAPRS] Aprs Server Question

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Nov 20 17:01:39 EST 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 12:42:41PM +1030, Tony Hunt wrote:
> connection down.. So the keep alive concept seems pretty sound to me..
Also
> I suspect with Uiview if you just close the programe without actually
> logging off the server it does not clear the server connection down..

The TCP/IP implementation in Windows will take care of that for you,
ie the connection will be closed automatically.

> Geoff .. A question.. Can you place a fixed limit on the number of
unacked
> frames from the server ?

That's a TCP/IP stack issue. There is a limit (determined automatically)
for how much unacknowledged data may be outstanding and how long it may
be unacknowledged for before the connection is aborted.

Hamish