[OZAPRS] Cleanup of ports on VKAPRS-IS

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Tue Nov 16 23:56:39 EST 2004

Ok .. The Logon with Filter for Uiview .. I will have a go at this as it
kept me guessing for a while..

Apart from the obvious setting on the server address
aprs.net.au:14580

You need the APRS server logon required and your validation number in the
Box ..

In the Extra logon Text Box Ive currently got this text
filter m/340

This is a Personal Range filter for 340km from my last known location.. It
includes Messaging as well as Posits
You can do similar things by using a r/  type range filter

To get a better idea of how the filters work have a look at
http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSSrvr/javaprsfilter.htm

Have a look here and see some examples of filters that others are using
currently
http://aprs.net.au:14501/

73 Tony Hunt Vk5AH