[OZAPRS] Cleanup of ports on VKAPRS-IS

Geoff - VK2XJG vk2xjg at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 15 09:16:00 EST 2004

Hi Gavin,

I see you connected to both first.aprs.net.au and second.aprs.net.au on
port
14579, no connections at all on 1314. (Are you connected to the VK
servers?)
(Your status page port 14501 is not accessible so I can't back-trace it to

your server)

Ideally you should have a HUB type connection that switches to use either
one
or the other, not both together (IGATE type connection).

If you require 1314, we can leave this port available on the servers.

Looking around for the filter strings, I'm not sure that aprsd supports
the
filter string format required for the custom port  "#filter <string>"
If any of the aprsd Igates require a port setting other than the available

14578 and 14579 ports, please let me know.

Regards,
Geoff