[OZAPRS] HF digipeating issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Tue May 25 21:46:44 EST 2004

Just on the point of UI-View and the digipeater setup.. This may be of
interest.. I dont know how many of you realise but..

Presuming your ports are PORT1 HF and PORT2 VHF

If you set a ALIAS of GATE up it will digi fine if you setup a route of
1=2.. Thats HF to VHF

If you setup a ALIAS of ECHO and set a route for 1=1  thats HF to HF
now you have a problem..

The ALIAS of GATE will work as well as ECHO back out on the HF port..
There
is no way to attach the individual routes
to the ALIASES with UIVIEW.. Also all ALIASES work on ALL ports so that a
VHF station could use GATE and a HF station could use RELAY if these
typical
Aliases are setup..

This may be a conincedence but I understand some have enabled ECHO
recently
on HF ports..

Tony  Hunt VK5AH