[OZAPRS] HF frequencies

Warren VK3BYD vk3byd at wia.org.au
Tue May 25 21:33:20 EST 2004

Tony,

> Just a stupid question.. I am not sure as Ive only really tuned in
(excuse
> the pun) of recent times on the HF APRS stuff.. Is the 30m frequency we
use
> in line with the other frequencies being used around the world ?? What
about
> the 40m frequency as well ??

We are using the International 30mx frequency

As for 40mx I believe the ZL's settled on 7036, which matched the VK4's
The US use 7085 I think and the Europeans use 7035.
To date we have had enough FUN with 30mx to not get too far down the track
on
40mx. Of course I do look forward to have a 40mx frequency to use also.

> Ive noticed its easy to get a posit in via ZL at night time via 30m ..
Also
> on the grey line at sun down the ZL signals come up on 40m very strong
even
> in a mobile.. It certainly sugests that longer paths are possible at
times..

> Especially is it of interest when the short paths dont work that perhaps
the
> longer ones do.. After all who cares how you get  a posit in at times
from
> your mobile as long as you do !! I suspect this question was raised
> previously.. Ive noticed as others have that at night there are signals
on
> 30m that dont decode due to lack of sigs but are there just the same..
One
> wonders just what and who they are..

In some early post you will find various list of stations heard, generally
have heard W's and F's

73 Warren.