[OZAPRS] HF frequencies

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Tue May 25 20:06:56 EST 2004

Just a stupid question.. I am not sure as Ive only really tuned in (excuse
the pun) of recent times on the HF APRS stuff.. Is the 30m frequency we
use
in line with the other frequencies being used around the world ?? What
about
the 40m frequency as well ??

Ive noticed its easy to get a posit in via ZL at night time via 30m ..
Also
on the grey line at sun down the ZL signals come up on 40m very strong
even
in a mobile.. It certainly sugests that longer paths are possible at
times..

Especially is it of interest when the short paths dont work that perhaps
the
longer ones do.. After all who cares how you get  a posit in at times from
your mobile as long as you do !! I suspect this question was raised
previously.. Ive noticed as others have that at night there are signals on
30m that dont decode due to lack of sigs but are there just the same.. One
wonders just what and who they are..

Tony Hunt VK5AH