[OZAPRS] Hf path in CQ

Ron and Val Smith rsmitj at tpgi.com.au
Mon May 24 05:48:12 EST 2004

Hi All,
I have been listening only on 30m and hear a few stations.
I am not transmitting as the vfo on the old rig drifts too much and of all
the bands that if has a crystal socket for 30m is the one without a
socket.
(so you can guess the model).
The igate up here in vk4cqu-3, which is currently installed in my work
office at the local uni.  To reach it from here needs a digi and currently
am using a local conventional packet digi which has the alias of wide.
In the shack ui-view will hear the 30 m beacons and repeat them to vhf if
the path is in the beacon  UI-view will respond to the usual aprs digi
aliases.
However, the next link, the conventional packet digi, will only respond to
wide and nothing else.
So currently if you wish to see if your 30m beacons are being heard in CQ
by
seeing them appear on the wider network please make the second alias the
word wide.
I have a digi for aprs under testing and over the coming months some
different sites, most of them solar and remote needing special access,
will
be tested.
By the way, ADSL to the internet is not possible although I live across
the
road from the local telephone exchange.  It does not have suitable
equipment
installed and is unlikely to have it in the planned for future.  Of course
we have good nation wide telecommunications, don't we?
Cheers
Ron
vk4ags