[OZAPRS] Heard on 30m over night

Noel Rowe noel-r at clear.net.nz
Wed Mar 31 12:58:07 EST 2004

Ron said:

>Just FYI, I came home Tues at about dusk and fired up the receiver on
101476 feeding the audio into agw.
>..........I have heard 3my-3 and 3wrm

Thank you Ron.  This endorses all that I have said about all of Austalia
being on the incorrect frequency!

Note:  The AGW software uses tones of 2100 and 2300, not the 1600/1800
that goes hand in hand with a dial setting of 10.147.600 on USB - so to be
correct you would need to dial up USB 147.100.000.

I am well aware that if you did this you would no longer copy other local
stations.  But that would be because they were transmitting 500 Hz higher
than they should be.

The fact that you copy them now is because, in this case, two wrongs do
make a right!  But only locally in Oz.

Regards,

Noel, ZL3GR.