[OZAPRS] Last from VK4BBS on this subject.

Kev Cav kevcav at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 31 14:44:49 EST 2004

Kai Ora,
  Noel as one who comes from the right side of the Tasman and now living
in OZ I do not understand why you seem determined to create an
international incident.

I do not recall seeing on any license that I have ever had both NZ and
now in Australia a listing and or restriction on use of these so called
international frequency allocations. In fact for a long time I have
supported the notion that these limitations in fact limit and intimidate
band usage. Band Plans could be a contributing factor to the declining
use of our bands, and we all know use them or lose them.

Could I respectfully suggest if you want to copy and participate in the
OZ APRS scene then tune to the frequency in use. If not turn the rig off
and get another pursuit that gives you pleasure.

Further as we have all seen in recent times I now take with a grain of
salt what comes from Big Brother in the North. Lets do what suits us
down under and where possible co-ordinate our activities but lets not
follow like a lot of sheep.

Just perhaps the other eye should be opened to see the light.

Kevin VK4SP