[OZAPRS] RE: [radio] ozaprs Digest, Vol 14, Issue 18

Alex alex at bywong.com
Sun Mar 21 09:06:11 EST 2004

Gents,
My 2 bob.

As you determine our frequency choice for 40M, keep in mind 7035 7036 and
up
to 7095 are primary RTTY frequencies in Australia.  In fact the BARTG RTTY
contest is on at present and you'll find the current frequency choices
being
blasted by RTTY exchanges. Although 40 might be a good pick for the
multitude of reasons previously stated, personally, I'd stick to 30M and
start working on better antenna arrays.

Be a shame to see the HF APRS service fall flat whenever a RTTY contest is
on because we can't get the rest of the world to QSY.

Cheers,

Alex VK1AC