[OZAPRS] EMAIL messages

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 19 13:12:03 EST 2004

Tony,

I still do not believe we need to duplicate the APRS Email servers.
Instead
we need to fix up the problems we have with the local communications
systems
weather it be the IGates or the IS servers. This would provide us greater
benefits and a more robust and standard network. You may find this more
challenging and a good local knowledge builder.

However if there is additional functionality required that the current
system is not able to be enhanced to provide then creating a new server
may
be an answer. Any new system should not interfere or conflict with
existing
systems.

Using EMAIL or UIMAIL in the TO field of a message would produce a
conflict
and adding filtering to restrict the use of a system would be against the
spirit of International Amateur radio.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK