[OZAPRS] RE: Findu can find me..

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Mar 17 01:21:17 EST 2004

>>> "Tony Hunt" 3/16/04 8:22:43 AM >>>
>
>... I need to have a * in  there against the RS0ISS-3
>to signify the digi..
>
>... I sure would like to know what machine is pulling out
>the * from the path..

Ah, the SATGATE digi.  And it is not pulling it out, that's
just the way AX.25 works when it is digipeated.  It only
displays the * on the last digi heard.  In this case it is
the SATGE digi, and so the RS0ISS-3* is being
suppressed by the normal function of the TNC that hears
the packet from the SGATE..
It is not a conspiracy... <wink> just that's how TNC's work.

>So why is the * missing ?? The frame was legitimatly
>digipeated by ISS otherwise sombody else must be
>using the ISS callsign.. What process or machine is
>pulling out the * ?? Is this being done on FINDU itself ??

Nope, just the NEXT TNC (probably an IGate) that then
hears the packet and then displays  the SGATE* and
suppresses the RS0ISS-3* which has already been used up...

>Bob B has had some interesting points and I must agree
>that the PCSAT heard web page is a bit of a mess..
>The biggest problem Ive seen there is that stations
>are showing up on there which have RS0ISS-3 in the
>paths when you check them and dont appear to have
>gone through PCSAT at all ..

Yes!  thanks...

>Also is the fact that stations seem to be on the heard
>list and yet seem to maintain the same SSID when
>QSYing back to the terestrial channel..

Bob