[OZAPRS] Findu can find me..

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Mar 16 00:30:31 EST 2004

I believe there is a tendancy "down under" to DIGIPEAT
ISS and PCsat packets over onto 144.39 FIRST so
that then they can get into the IGate system.  As I have
said over and over, that doesnt work for the APRS-IS!

Once it hits 144.39, it enters an IGate as having been
digipeated TERRESTRIALLY instead of via RS0ISS*
thus FINDU nor WWW.ARISS.NET does not see the
RS0ISS*.

So you need dedicated ISS SATGATES.  Do not rely on
the digiepating-to-39 crutch that currently seems to be
in heavy use down there...     Bob

>>> "Tony Hunt" <wavetel at iname.com> 3/14/04 7:43:03 PM >>>
Well here is a classic example of what doesnt work..

This morning I captured this.. It was 10:38 local time..