[OZAPRS] HF Freq

Ron and Val Smith rsmitj at tpgi.com.au
Mon Mar 15 07:12:24 EST 2004

Hi All,
I have been experimenting with HF here in Central Queensland but have not
heard anything for a while.
I have not been transmiting but just listening.
There is a big gap with APRS coverage between here and Brisbane (about
550km) so HF seems logical to fill in that gap.
I have a 707 and 130s and I intend to purchase crystals for them as the
vfos
in each are not stable enough to leave unattended.  The 707 would stay at
home and the 130s would be fitted to the car.
So I need definitive frequencies to purchase the crystals for.  Given the
need to look at between here and Brisbane 40m seems a reasonable place to
start.
Can anybody offer advice?
Thanks
Ron