[OZAPRS] Findu and Email Unreliable ?

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 12 19:12:06 EST 2004

Tony,

Have you tried running UI-View as an IGate connecting to the VK APRS IS?
This would prove either the problem is with your current IGate or further
into the APRS IS network etc.

With Email, there are 2 APRS to email servers running one is in the US as
you mentioned and the other is in the UK run by G4IDE. I know that one of
them will not send back ACKs but I can not remember which one. For more
information on this do a search on the UIView list.

As far as running an APRS to Email server in VK I think you would need to
look closely at the current Third Party Traffic regulations. (Although
they
may change in the future.)

Cheers
Richard