[OZAPRS] Com Port Emulator Problem

James Nelson jnelson.vk2jn at telstra.com
Sun Jun 27 14:55:24 EST 2004

Hi all,

Can anyone help with Com port emulation issue ?

I have a problem using our local APRS software (OZIaprs) seeing a com port
that was allocated after loading the MixW emulator bridge and selecting
Kiss in TNC settings. Care was taken to ensure there were no conflicts.

In my case TNC emulation was left at the default "COM101" and the driver
adjusted to "COM4" to suit our APRS tracking software but this fails to
see the port. Runtime error 8002 "Invalid Port Number" is displayed !

I have tried accessing the emulated COM4 with Winpac to see if it also see
the port and it could not. The emulator and driver settings in windows
device manager appear to be OK.

Desperate for some hints please  ???  Thanks !

cheers

james   VK2JN