[OZAPRS] Anybody in VK5 heard vk4cau?

rsmitj at tpg.com.au rsmitj at tpg.com.au
Fri Jun 11 04:48:00 EST 2004

Thanks, Tony.
I came home one evening and found a message from him on the screen.  It
was also on the dm700 inmy
car.  My work day usually has me out of the house 0700 to 1900 approx.
I replied straight away, which might have been some time after Frank sent
the message, and that was not
acked.
I know some networks do not send out messages from the i'net to rf and I
did not know what your network
did.
Frank is towing a fold-down van and likes to lurk in interesting places
off the usual tourist track, commonly
alongside a creek bank.
Cheers
Ron

Quoting Tony Hunt <wavetel at iname.com>:

> Ron.. Yes hes been cruising about .. Last I saw he was in Karoonda and
in
> range of 5RMB digi.
>
> Yes hes using -9 SSID ..
> It looks like a couple of days since he was on air though. I dont
remember
> seeing him on the map for a couple of days here in Adelaide.
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=VK4cau-9
>
> >From where he is/was at Karoonda hes in a good spot with only 2 very
solid
> paths to hop to the Igate even from a mobile its strong. I suspect hes
just
> not switched on.
> I have not seen any messages come through to our RF network from you
Ron.