[OZAPRS] APRS SSID's defaults

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 4 08:28:33 EST 2004

The defaults for APRS SSID's have been updated on:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/SSIDs.txt

The OZ discussion about being able to quickly recognize
HOW stations are getting into APRS is something that
is easily shown by SSID.  So I have added HF,
APRStouch-tone and the Internet as shown below:

 -6  is for Operations via Satellite
 -7  is for TH-D7 HT's (legacy)
 -8  is for maritime applications, boats, sailboats and ships
 -9  is for Mobiles        (legacy)
 -10 is for stations operating on the internet only
 -11 is for APRStouch-tone users  (and the occasional Balloons)
 -14 is for Truckers     (legacy)
 -15 is for HF

All others are for digis, and of course this list is only
a recommendation for a default in the absence of any
other overriding situations.  Notice I am trying NOT to
assign any SSID's to things that can easily be shown
by ICON.

I want to use SSID's to be a default means of
showing the type of network used to get into APRS...
If 802.11 APRS networks actually start being used,
we may consider reserving -8 for that....

de WB4APR, Bob