[OZAPRS] Agreed list okay with me although some possible minorchanges worth considering.

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 3 18:53:00 EST 2004

Hi again

I personally feel this already agreed list is quite okay possible couple
of minor changes that perhaps are worth considering.

Change -7 to read Hand Helds

Change -9 to read VHF/UHF Mobiles

Change -12 to read Portable Operation

Add -6 for beacons via Pacsats

Add -11 for HF Mobiles

B C N U Brian VK4BBS

----snip----

I did publish a guide on SSIDs some time ago which basically stated the

VK guide for SSIDs.

As the document was lost in a HD crash (no I didn't back it up) I'll

write here what I can remember. This was adopted by VK3, VK2 and I

think VK5 sometime ago.

SSID Use

----- ----

-0 Home Station, Home Station running IGate.

-1 Digipeater, Home Station running a Relay Digi, Wx Digipeater

-2 Digipeater on 70CM

-3 Digipeater

-4 HF to VHF Gateway

-5 IGate (Not home station)

-7 Kenwood D7 HH

-9 Mobiles

-12 Portable Units such as Laptops etc.

The reason for the allocation was to allow easy recognition of pivotal

APRS network devices without the need to decode the APRS packets. Also

with the use of the Icon and a SSID it is easy to identify a

mulit-functional station such as a Wx station that is also running a

Relay digipeater or a Wide Digipeater that is running a Wx station etc.

The remaining SSIDs where free for generally use.

Cheers

Richard

VK3JFK

---snip--