[OZAPRS] SSIDs

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 4 07:47:52 EST 2004

>>> bbeamish at bigpond.net.au 6/2/04 8:46:58 PM >>>
>Being the first and only for quite some time regular
>HF APRS Mobile operators Des VK4DMI and I chose -11

Thanks.  The -11 SSID default is for Balloons.  But they are
rare.  But I do plan on using -11 for APRS-TouchTone.
Although not many are using my APRStouctone, a whole
lot more will be when it is integrated into ECHOlink.

Then users of Echolink will then be able to touchtone
their callsign and that will give them a position in the global
APRS system in the vicinity of that ECHOlink node...

So I'd suggest reserving -11 SSID for that purpose.

Thanks
Bob