[OZAPRS] SSIDs

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Thu Jun 3 16:37:23 EST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 10:46, Brian & Maureen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am easy what ever as long as if it is at all possible that we all can
agree on SSIDs and stick to them where ever possible.

IMHO it's up to you Brian, what SSID you want to use.

> Being the first and only for quite some time regular HF APRS Mobile
operators Des VK4DMI and I chose -11 for HF mobiles we both are only too
happy to change to what ever is agreed on by the majority which I hope
means everyone.

It really doesn't matter if your the first or last Brian. The guidelines
are there, if you wish you use the SSID of -11 for HF (or what ever
reason) then do so. It is within the guidelines.

I see that Larry VK4CLM is using -9. This is correct SSID.
The guide says -9 for mobiles. IMHO it does not matter if it is on HF or
VHF.

> I do not quite understand what you mean by secondary mobiles I presume
like VK4AGS you are perhaps running a couple of cars with APRS, if so do
we really need a seperate SSID for them, maybe maybe not?

Secondary mobiles could be your motorbike, your company work vehicle,
your wife's vehicle, but not your Subaru Forester.

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv/vk3wrm