[OZAPRS] APRS coverage in SW WA

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Mon Jan 12 00:55:43 EST 2004

>Also, we need to establish a permanent IGATE which can reliably receive
as
>many digipeaters as possible.  Although my home station can reliably
>receive all digipeaters, my "IGATE" currently runs on a laptop, which was

>travelling with me at the time  :-(

Hi Chris, all.

Good to see that the APRS digis are working nicely!

The Igate I run is pretty much permanent but yeah, as you say, I can't
hear
RLK-1 or KSB-1 digis so unless the packet received by either of those two
has a WIDE path in it for ZTN-1 to digi, I don't get to hear it.

Although I do duplex 145.175 with a 147.575 radio, and also run 144.900
standard packet (rarely used) the main problem here is not having enough
antenna height as well as being absolutely butchered by power line
interference. Once I get the tower up, I'll be happy to keep running the
Igate here, or if you need a PC to run the Igate at your place Chris, a
spare Celeron PC and a copy of Linux setup with aprsd is all yours :-)

Cheers,
Gavin.

---
Amateur radio station VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/

Email : grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Packet: vk6hgr at vk6hgr.#per.#wa.aus.oc