[OZAPRS] HF freq ?

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 13 10:13:05 EST 2004

Hi Ron,

See http://vk6.aprs.net.au/hf.htm for the latest VK APRS HF information.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
[mailto:ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au] On Behalf Of Ron Graham
Sent: Tuesday, 13 January 2004 10:23 AM
To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject: [OZAPRS] HF freq ?

Hi All,
           Note this subject was discussed a few weeks ago .. re-read
what
postings I kept, but can't find the vital clue. In a couple of days, we
are
off on an extended trip to Tassie. Byon has kindly agreed to supply a
300
baud beta test chip for a TT. I do not have a 300 baud RX setup, so I
can't
net to the desired 30m HF freq.
           So I need to know the actual surpressed carrier freq. used on
30
metres. The 300 baud TT uses 2100 & 2300 Hz tones. I assume I deduct the

mean of those 2 tone frequencies (2200 Hz) from the surpressed carrier
freq. to arrive at the actual USB dial setting (using Icom 706 MkII-G
radio)
Alternatively, I could use the actual 10 MHz RF mark & space frequencies
..
if someone knows these?
            On previous postings I do note the actual 40m freq tone pair

being given as 7.0344 & 7.0342.
Thus, for 40m I deduct 2300Hz from 7.0344 MHz giving a USB dial setting
of
7.0321 .. correct?
           Not much time to arrange this .. hopefully chip will arrive
in
time. Due to the fact that it is difficult/impossible for me to get any
feedback re the system working correctly, I am hoping for this simple
solution!. Just set on freq. and away we go!  Will be on the road about
2
1/2 months, so should be a great opportunity to add some interest to HF
APRS here in VK.

Thanks, Ron, VK4BRG.