[OZAPRS] Some speculation from an innocent bystander ...

Warren VK3BYD vk3byd at wia.org.au
Sat Jan 10 12:53:59 EST 2004

Hi Terry and other hfer's,

I feel that hf station should beacon speed etc,  this information makes
the
beacon far more useful to the casual observer and the xyl who has a
greater
level of interesting in my well being.

It is widely know that the beacon length on hf effects the receiving
success.
I choice to transmit in plain text as it removes the need for using an
aprs
program to decode but even with the course, speed and altitude information
my transmitter only keys up for 4 seconds.

>From watching 4bbs driving around in vk2 I had suspicions that the 700 km
range is better for "constant" gating on 10 Mhz.

> Fascinating stuff.....
Yes HF aprs has not worn me out yet :)

73
Warren.