[OZAPRS] FW: APRS Digi Controller

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Thu Jan 8 18:18:34 EST 2004

Hi Ron,

We were running a Solar APRS site for about 12 month here in VK3 before
the
power was available.
We used a heavily modified FM828 and a Tiny 2 with low power cmos ICs
installed. The Firmware used was UIDIGI 1.8B6.

The system work better than expected only drawing a 100ma or so of power
when idle.

If you are looking for a very low power TNC for APRS I would suggest a
Kantronics KPC3+ if set correctly (leds off) they will only draw 15ma with
voltage range of between 6V to 25V. It does not have all the capabilities
of
a UIDIGI TNC but is a good second chose.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK