[OZAPRS] Help or Advice wanted

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Jan 2 23:00:20 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 09:52:52PM +1000, Brian Beamish wrote:
> My system over the past few days some times a few hours often only one
hour
> but never when I have been in the shack using it has closed down for no
> apparent reason at all and I have arrived home to find it just sitting
there
> waiting.
>
> I cannot find why it should be doing this any practical advice would be
most
> appreciated, please not lengthy details or you will loose me.

Brian,

Do you mean your APRS software (which?) has crashed or that your PC has
actually crashed or powered down?

If it's crashed or powered down it could be a heat problem. Your PC
manufacturer (or motherboard manufacturer) might provide monitoring
software so you can check the temperature of the CPU and motherboard.
Summer is not the best time for PCs!

Hamish