[OZAPRS] Trimble GPS (Lassen SQ)

rsmitj at tpg.com.au rsmitj at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 16 06:06:27 EST 2004

Hi Darryl,
It is in the car for the travelling today, connected to a DM700.
My only real frustration is the power supply.
I used what was in my junk box, a 7805 for 5V for the 7404 inverter, and
then a 3.3V Zener
circuit (all very inefficient).
I gather there is a better GPS model for the tracker.
Cheers
Ron

Quoting Darryl Smith <Darryl at radio-active.net.au>:

> I have tried, and have about 6 or 7 of the slightly larger Trimble
units,
> with their level converter PCB allowing them to connect straight into a
tiny
> trak.
>
> I used them in IronMan Hawaii 2002, and they worked well.
>
> I am also using the Lassen SQ in some commercial work I am doing
>
> Darryl
>
> ---------
> Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
> Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 International]
> www.radio-active.net.au - www.radio-active.net.au\web\tracking

Smith
> Sent: Sunday, 15 February 2004 7:37 AM
> To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
> Subject: [OZAPRS] Trimble GPS (Lassen SQ)
>
> Hi All,
> I don't know if this has been tried before but I have just obtained a
Lassen
> SQ GPS module (also called the Trimble GPS module)
> It is nice and small, about 2.6cm square and .6cm thick.
> When you manage to connect to it, power it up, and interface the
computer it
> rather quickly finds the satellites and even first time it finds itself.
All