[OZAPRS] Off Topic: Linux, Xastir advice needed

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 28 14:50:30 EST 2004

Tony Hunt wrote:
> Norm .. Not sure if you know but Digi_Ned will run under Linux .. Most
> likely in the background while the GUI is running ..

Yep, I'm onto that. I wanted an aprs gui like UIView so I could see what
was happening. I actually have digi-ned running on the other P_Pro 180
on a basic "non-X" RH9 install (no gui) on a 560MB HDD

> As far as the rest of the RH Knoppix etc goes I wont comment and reveal
my
> ignorance.. I did try to get Xastir running under Knoppix but gave up as
> there was just too many building blocks missing from the kernel ..

Ahaaa,
So I'm not the only one!!! It has bedevilled me for the past two weeks,
chasing around trying to satisfy dependencies!!!!!

Given a list of dependencies I could sort it out, but finding out,
retrieving and installing them one at a time is bloody frustrating to
say the least!

All the best for 2005!!
--
Norm, VK2XCI,