[OZAPRS] 30m HF.

Noel Rowe noel-r at clear.net.nz
Tue Apr 13 09:51:26 EST 2004

I was starting to QSY from 30m to 40m about 9:30am today, Tuesday,  when I
noticed a beacon from Gareth, ZL3VP-13, mobile in the Omarama area of Nth
Otago.  This is a 918 km path.  So I left the rig on 30m, and the beacons
kept on coming.  There are also a tiny number from VK4BBS and VK3MY-3
decoding as well.

It is now nearly midday and its looking good for Gareth, despite his long
GPS based beacon.  I have checked a propagation prediction at
http://www.ips.gov.au and it shows that the path from Gareth to me should
be good most of the daylight hours today on 30m.

Noel, ZL3GR