[OZAPRS] Rig Frequency.

Richter, Mike W Michael.Richter at team.telstra.com
Fri Apr 2 10:14:24 EST 2004

If you have an Audio Frequency Meter (Some Multimeters do it ) you can
check Transceiver calibration by tuning to WWVH on USB but 1khz low i.e
9,999.00 Mhz, 14,999.00MHz, 19,999.00Mhz.

Then adjust the frequency calibration setting on your transceiver so you
get 1,000Hz output. We aren't worried about 1 part per million - even 50Hz
will do fine for APRS.

Depending on the Transceiver, there may be a second calibration for LSB -
on my Codan 9323 a separate crystal is used for LSB.

Hopefully I will be on 10147.6 soon, but I've changed cars, transceiver,
autotuner(aarrgghh) and antenna so I'm still working on it.

Mike VK2BMM