[OZAPRS] What's Happened to HF APRS in VK?

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 12 20:18:16 EST 2003

Hi Chris

Both Des VK4DMI and I use a Tigertronics TM-1 for HF 300 baud operation
not
100% sure what Des uses for his home system I just net to him much like I
do
with the VK3 30M station when it is operational.

I am sure that in a day or two when Des gets to read this and your
previous
he will reply with more info.

Just at present I do not have either my TM-1plus here or it's manual these
should be getting back in about a weeks time although I do not believe the
manual actually mentions the frequency pair used as I net in it has not
been
a concern to me, you could check on the Tigertronics site
http://www.tigertronics.com if you wished possibly give you more info.

One thing I will say on my recent trip I was really amazed as to how well
HF
APRS worked, then having stations both in VK4 and VK3 when one missed due
skip etc the other took over I have copies of the logs here that have had
all but VK4BBS removed from them if you should want a copy.

We are hoping to make a trip across to Perth particularly Albany next
year,
if I can get my long service leave, will be great if the trip does go
ahead
and we have a HF network setup by then.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS