[VK2-APRS] RE: [OZAPRS] FW: [Fwd: 70 cm APRS frequencies]

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 19 08:59:29 EST 2003

Hi,

When this subject came up a year or two ago John Martin/Peter Hallgarten
suggested we use 439.100Mhz for a National UHF APRS frequency but due to
the other issues the WIA never ratified this in the band plan.

We in VK3 wanted to establish a UHF APRS network so we used the best
recommendation (439.100Mhz) at the time as we did not want to have the
same issue as we have with APRS frequencies on VHF.

On 439.100Mhz VK3 currently have one IGate and 2 Digipeaters
operational. One site, VK3RGI has been licensed for use on 439.100Mhz
and a number of other APRS digipeaters are in the process of being
licensed for 439.100Mhz in VK3.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK