[OZAPRS] 70cm APRS - was there a verdict?

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 10 10:20:02 EST 2003

Grant,

We are using 439.100Mhz here as a 1200bd APRS channel. It was discussed
some
time ago about a national UHF APRS channel and I think that 439.100Mhz was
the recommended way to go by Garry Martin..... But that was before the new
band plan came out. If you have a look at
http://www.wiavic.org.au/download/band_plans.pdf you will see that
439.100Mhz is no longer allocated to packet.

It may be worth putting in a request to the WIA to allocate 439.100 to
APRS
Nationally.

Cheers
Richard