[OZAPRS] 70cm APRS - was there a verdict?

Andrew McDade amcdade at senet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 08:09:43 EST 2003

Gday Darryl and others,

Ive done some very basic tests on 70cm at 1200bps. Using the same APRS
path
for 2m and 70cm , same beacon rate etc. I found that whilst mobile ( even
slightly mobile ) I would get a good packet hit once every 10 or more
transmissions.Pretty unusable really. However when stationary ( perfectly
stationary ) The successfull packet hits would get close to the 2m rate
ie.
90 percent plus. It'd be very interesting too see the success rate of
running the same tests at 9600 bps. So a desicion on a 70cm frequency
would
be great.

Regards .. Andrew