[OZAPRS] FW: New VK3 APRS Digipeater

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Thu May 8 15:32:59 EST 2003

Hi,

We have just installed a new APRS Test digipeater VK3JFK-1 on Big Hill
near Bendigo.

The digi is on 144.900Mhz running a new version of the UIDIGI firmware,
its
is expected to have a positive impact on the performance of the VK3 APRS
network by providing good coverage for Bendigo and reducing the required
digi path lengths for most country APRS users.

Any reports on it's performance will be most welcome.

When the full coverage area of the new digipeater is determined I will
publish an updated VK3
Path guide to assist APRS Operators in re-assessing their digipeater
paths.
In
the mean time it is worth noting that the new Digipeater has direct access
to the IGate VK3JFK which feeds all heard APRS traffic into the APRS
Internet network. The IGate does not relay any APRS data from the internet
to the VK3JFK-1.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK