ozaprs Digest, Vol 5, Issue 11

Robert Pepper robert at peppernet.org
Tue Jun 24 12:09:49 EST 2003

I am seeing some strange data from a VK3 station... Very strange. The data
looks slightly corrupt, but it appears that the GPS is working correctly.

By my calculations his car has travelled 10390 KM in the last 90
minutes...
Which I suspect is a land speed record for a Toyota Landcruiser... In one
case the GPS set the position EXACTLY 5 degrees west of where it should
be... In the other case it was EXACTLY 36 degrees north.

Perhaps multipath error on the GPSR is to blame?  This often accounts for
unusual top speeds or positions.

Regards

--
Robert