[OZAPRS] UHF APRS Channel - 434 or 439

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Sat Jul 12 23:23:11 EST 2003

At 10:10 PM 12/07/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>
>Forgive me if am wrong but... I thought LIPD's are limited to 25mW TX
power.

Sure. But if an amateur uses an 70cm LIPD radio, then it's normal license
conditions.

I think Chris's idea is great. We can use the availability of these cheap
radios to our advantage, either with their default power for special
events
or mobile. Perhaps it might encourage some 70cm APRS digipeaters :-)

I think the FM828 U band PA takes a 30mW or so exciter input for 30W out.
Considering how available these radios usually are, perhaps they could be
used as outboard PAs?

73
Gavin.

---
Amateur radio station VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/

Email : grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Packet: vk6hgr at vk6hgr.#per.#wa.aus.oc