[OZAPRS] aprs.net.au access problems....

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Sun Jan 19 13:45:51 EST 2003

Hi Damien,

ns1.telstra.net is now configured as a secondary DNS for aprs.net.au

Darryl will have to amend the domain delegation details accordingly.

At the moment, ns1.telstra.net is failing to load the DNS record for
aprs.net.au, as the primary (202.128.97.7) is down.  However, assuming the
"expire" timer is set long (7 days, etc), then when this happens in
future,
the domain will survive 7 days of the primary being down.

You will probably need to configure 202.128.97.7 to allows AXFR to
ns1.telstra.net, as I imagine you've locked AXFR down to a small set of
IPs.
(TCP 53 allowed in through the firewall?).

(Let me know if you want ns1.telstra.net removed from the secondary DNS
role).

Regards,

Chris