[OZAPRS] APRS at the annual Wyong Field Day

Tony Langdon tlang at freeway.apana.org.au
Wed Feb 26 12:09:30 EST 2003

At 08:47 AM 26/02/2003 +1100, you wrote:

>The APRS stand was under cover in a protected corner meaning that we
>were able to stay away from all the bad weather, apart from some wind.
>We set up a portable iGate at the stand, on a dial up internet link -
>and had something like 14 RF stations at the event at one stage. The
>weather station was a real hit thanks to the weather. We had my
>AntiTracker on display, and moving map of the area on UI-View, and a
>demo of OziAPRS too... Next year we need more physical objects, such as
>TinyTrak kits to sell...

You would have had at least one buyer on the spot, if you had the kits for

sale... :-)  Oh well, back to the Internet... :)

>It was great to meet everyone there... Tony Langdon VK3JED from
>Melbourne came up and it was good to finally meet him.

Was good to meet you as well, after all our recent discussions.

>At the last minute we decided to lend some space to Jamie Lovelock from
>the Australian Wireless Association - another of the community wireless
>organisations... This was only done because of the rain, and allowed
>people to cross-polenate between the 802.11 and the APRS comunities...

I'm also involved in Melbourne Wireless down here.  There's already some
degree of cross-pollination going on this way, and a few other hams have
appeared in MW circles. :-)

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vkradio.com