[OZAPRS] HF mobile - why not?

Richter, Mike W Michael.Richter at team.telstra.com
Mon Dec 29 07:48:11 EST 2003

Terry

1) Availability of a suitable tracker module.
        - Byon has implemented my suggestion for adding the HF tones as a
Configuration option and the TinyTrak is currently in beta test on HF. By
flicking a switch you will be able to use it for VHF or HF with callsigns,
paths, timings etc. It is also cheaper and smaller than the Tigertronics
and sold in Australia !.

2) An lack of immediate feedback as to whether the station is working.....
         - When travelling in remote areas, you may be depending on APRS
to keep people automatically informed of your travels during the day - it
would be good to have a path option which allowed retransmission on HF -
with limitations applied by the Gateway, to avoid overloading the channel
e.g. maximum repetition rate, timeout on the retransmissions per call

Mike VK2BMM