[OZAPRS] 12.5Khz radio

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Thu Dec 18 14:49:59 EST 2003

Hi All.

I've recently been given a Tait T2010 12.5Khz channel spacing radio, which

I've programmed with the national APRS frequency for the permanent GPS
tracker I'm building for the car.

I'm not too sure how well the Tait will work with the "wide" deviation of
the other stations on the frequency. If a high deviation station
transmits,
the squelch cuts in, which is of course completely normal. If I tap the
pre-squelch audio, even though it will be distorted with high-dev signals,

I'm hoping that it will trip my MFJ TNC's DCD... Decoding the intelligence

of other stations isn't important, carrier detect is :-) Anyone see any
problems with that?

The other side of things is transmit deviation. If I set the transmit
level
to the maximum that this radio will allow (7Khz deviation, I think it is),

would that be high enough for standard radios and TNCs to decode?

Thanks for any help.

Gavin.

--
Amateur radio station VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/

Email : grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Packet: vk6hgr at vk6hgr.#per.#wa.aus.oc