[OZAPRS] TVI

Geoff vk2xjg at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 13 12:23:41 EST 2003

Hamish,

Try an FM828 if you can get your hands on one. The front end is extremely
good for pager rejection.

We have one at the VK2JPJ digi in the middle of Sydney CBD, with no
additional external filters, on a Diamond X-50, and it is bulletproof.
(It is spitting distance to one of the major pager sites in Sydney.)

The FM900 seems to get quite a bit of pager interference - we tried one in
the same location before we got the 828, although in our case it was more
the high noise floor making the 900 appear very, very deaf.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG