[OZAPRS] TVI

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Dec 13 17:06:46 EST 2003

Thanks for the suggestions Chris and all.

I made up a notch filter as you suggested. (Unfortunately, nobody sells
things like T-pieces for the Belling Lee connectors used on TVs, so it's
a bit messy). It's fixed the digital receiver up completely - previously
all channels were affected, but now I can transmit 50W FM from my FT-847
without any affect on the receiver at all. Great!

It didn't seem to help the analog TV receiver elsewhere in the house.
However, I did change the transmitter from a Yaesu FT-411 to an ICOM
IC-02A (also a handheld) which seems to have helped. I'll investigate
the FM900/828 suggestions later, since the IC-02A doesn't seem that
great either. I have an 828 somewhere but without suitable crystals.

As to tuning filters, I have access to a network analyser which is ideal
for it, except that it's for 50 ohms and the results are quite confusing
when trying to analyse a 75 ohm network....!

Thanks,

Hamish

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:37:48PM +0800, Chris Hill wrote:
> Hi Hamish,
>
> You could try inserting a 2m notch filter inline with your TV antenna.
>
> 1.  Insert a "T-piece" where the 75 Ohm coax enters the first active
device
> in your TV system (usually the back of the VCR)
>
> 2.  Plug a 42cm length of 75 Ohm coax into the "spare" port of the
T-piece,