[OZAPRS] APRS sat settings

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Thu Nov 10 17:34:39 AEDT 2022

On 10/11/2022 2:08 pm, vk2tv wrote:
> I don't know if anything more than just VIA=ARISS is "really" needed
> in today's environment. Comments from anyone??? My satgate (near
> Kempsey), one of a few in Oz, just listens for traffic on 145.825 and
> gates it to the aprs-is.

Urban satgates can often directly hear local stations who are trying to
hit the satellite. These folks don't want their direct packets put onto
aprs-is like on terrestrial APRS (it messes up those leader board
stations heard by ISS sites, for one). You want to be able to set a
filter so you're only gating where the satgate considers itself to be
the next hop digipeater after a successful satellite hit: i.e. frames
with a path of via RS0ISS*, SGATE

73

Gavin.

--