[OZAPRS] Domain rules for dstar.org.au

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Sat Jan 23 10:55:17 AEDT 2021

Darryl,

If I'm reading the new auDA rules correctly all you require is a
incorporated association under section 1 of the new rules below;

https://www.auda.org.au/au-domain-names/new-au-licensing-rules/orgau-rule-changes

Every incorporated association is it's own legal entity which I think is
the crux of the problem auDA has with non-incorporated associations ie
individuals.   You should find most (if not all) of the larger radio clubs
are incorporated associations, the tell will be a registered constitution
and public officer.

I'll know soon enough as the AREG is also within this top level domain
(org.au), so we'll be pulling out or incorporation paperwork as proof we
comply when our domain comes up for renewal.  I'll confer with our domain
registrant regardless.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you can't find a club in VK2 prepared
to host the domain registration, we own/run/operate VK5RWN d-star in
Adelaide so we'd be happy to look at how we could help.

73

Matthew
VK5ZM