[OZAPRS] What moving map software do you use ?

Mathew Meins mm at blackhelicopters.net
Mon Apr 19 09:06:38 AEST 2021

I use ATAK for general mapping, but it's designed as a blue force tracking
tool.

Open source, developed by US Department of Defence.

https://github.com/deptofdefense/AndroidTacticalAssaultKit-CIV

Has lots buttons and not much by way of documentation, but it's pretty
powerful once you figure out how to use it.

It has its own "cursor on target" format for position data, which is spams
out via IP multicast by default. A few other people have done work to
translate that format to APRS, or at least the subset of functionality that
APRS also supports.

My plan down the track is to put a box in the car which will share that
position data from wifi via LTE Cat-M1 (much slower but ~15dB better link
budget than LTE broadband), and radio simultaneously.

Mat
VK1XT