[OZAPRS] New HF APRS iGates in VK5 - 30m/40m

Graeme graeme at abrona.com.au
Sat Sep 12 18:34:59 AEST 2020

Hello Mark,

Your 40m igate has been receiving my mobile beacons exceedingly well
from SW NSW even though aprs.fi doesn't list my tracker's callsign
VK2HFG-9 as having been heard directly.  It appears that aprs.fi doesn't
recognise OT+ compressed position beacons for the stations heard
directly statistics even though it shows them on the map of position
packets sent to aprs-is.  OT+ compressed format is not Mic-E compressed
format and the packets are never listed by any igate as having been
heard directly so its not just your igate.

Graeme VK2HFG