[OZAPRS] Direwolf on RPi

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:17:38 AEST 2020

There's no problem using cron to do this, however, the thing that
trips most people up is that the environment that exists when cron
does something is not the same environment that you see when you log
in, i.e. paths may be different, environment variables may be
different, etc.

The first thing to check is which user are you editing crontab for? By
default it's the logged in user, which is probably 'pi'. That might be
what you want, or it might be that you want 'root'.

Secondly, in your @reboot command line you refer to 'direwolf' with no
path. Maybe that will be ok, or maybe it needs to be explicit.
Similarly 'sdr.conf' might need an explicit path.

Since others have mentioned there is a documented way to do this then
consider that instead, but cron is a powerful tool that is worth
understanding anyway.

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME