[OZAPRS] APRS from an airliner: keeping it simple

Liz liz at billiau.net
Fri Feb 14 19:29:38 AEDT 2020

QTR Fri, 14 Feb 2020 17:15:31 +1100 Carlos PECO BERROCAL QTC

> Thanks Mal,
>
> I have to confess that I have never tried the GPS inside the plane,
> maybe it was as simple as placing it close to the window !
>
> 73,
> Carlos VK1EA

I've tried on various size aeroplanes and from whatever seat I've had.
Sometimes there is GPS reception and sometimes not. Working out where
the GPS antenna is within the device helps to place the antenna close
to a window.
I had not considered using APRSdroid, I just use the GPS to keep a
watch on progress using SatStat.
I don't get to travel on the Darwin route often which is the only route
I've used with onboard internet.