[OZAPRS] U-blox GPS

Carlos PECO BERROCAL carlos.peco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:42:20 AEST 2020

Same radio here.
I put in a small box the GPS, a 8 VDC to 3.3 VDC DC/DC converter (to power
the GPS from the radio) and a TTL 3V3 to full-swing RS232 converter (for
the TMD700). My radio has a hack and the GPS goes to the sub-D connector, I
put 8 VDC power in a free pin there.

I had big problems with the RS232 converter as it was overheating and
stopping. It ended being a self oscillation due to the other half of the
converter (the path from the radio to the GPS) not being wired. Apparently
it is common in fake TTL to RS232 converter.

It has been going strong for months... until the lockdown :-(

73,
Carlos VK1EA